Admission to Our Programs
Our selective admissions process carefully considers each applicant’s readiness for the intense learning experience that characterizes each of our technology programs. We need to ensure that all of our accepted students are ready for the rigorous study and training that we offer.
Prospective students must be fully prepared for the technical nature of their chosen program and course contents, and must meet the following academic and physical requirements below.
All applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
Our selective admissions process carefully considers each applicant’s readiness for the intense learning experience that characterizes our commercial diving and underwater welding program.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Be at least 18 years of age or have written consent from a legal gaurdian
- Be proficient in written and oral English
- Be adept with mechanical skills
- Be a competent swimmer
- Have a positive and productive work ethic
- All candidates must qualify as “fit to dive,” meaning that they have no medical restrictions or limitations and can pass a “fit to dive” physical and remain drug-free
- Physical exams must be conducted within ninety (90) days prior to the class start date
Divers Academy International™ is not responsible for any medical condition that may not be disclosed or later found out to be disqualifying for employment purposes.