Divers Academy International
The Most Prestigious
Under Water Welding School
- Learn from professional commercial diving and water welding experts
- Train with modern dive equipment in a real-world environment
- Graduate from DAI with the most dive certifications of any dive school
- Create the path you want with our career assistance program
- Become a deep sea welder
Why Choose Divers Academy?
For over four decades, Divers Academy International has served as one of the nation’s leading commercial diving and water welding schools. Our student programs provide an excellent education in inland and offshore dive disciplines, including underwater welder training, non-destructive testing (NDT), ROVs, and more. We are accredited at the national level by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) as well as various industry technical and diving organizations.
Dive Into A Lucrative Career
A water welding commercial diving career is an exciting challenge – one that attracts people who are industrious, intelligent, skilled, and adventurous. The trade also offers significant benefits:
- You will be part of a select group of professionals and your skills will never be obsolete.
- Excitement and adventure will be part of your daily diet. In a commercial diving career, no two days are ever the same because no two dives are ever the same.
- You can choose a position that requires travel, allowing you to see the country or even the world.
- Your earning potential will expand significantly. Commercial diving careers are very lucrative!
Some people assume that a wet welding diver career means scuba diving to salvage ships. In fact, commercial diving careers are many and varied. Dozens of industries use commercial divers and water welders, and their jobs draw upon a wide range of dive skills and expertise.
What Do I need To Get Started?
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Be proficient in written and oral English
- Be adept with mechanical skills
- Be a competent swimmer
- Have a positive and productive work ethic
- Be physically fit, and have no medical restrictions during their training program