Military & Veteran Careers
Commercial diving is an ideal post-military career.
For many veterans, being tied to a desk for forty hours a week is not something they look forward to in a post-military civilian job. Commercial diving is therefore an ideal post-military and veteran career. With commercial diving, you as a veteran can achieve lucrative employment that brings with it the opportunity to:
- Use your command and control skills. Commercial diving carries with it tremendous responsibility and requires constant independent thinking. You must be in command and control of a dive at all times.
- Deepen your technical skills. Commercial diving is not restricted to a single area such as salvage. You will learn to weld, build, inspect, rig, repair, and more – opening up a huge number of jobs in a wide range of industries.
- Travel across the country and around the world. If you enjoy traveling, commercial diving jobs can take you onto ocean vessels, into shipyards, and abroad to remote locations.
- Take your family with you.You no longer have to be separated from your home and family: you can look for a commercial diving job where you currently live, or move to a new location with your family.
- Exercise teamwork. In a commercial diving situation, teamwork is paramount. As a military veteran who knows how to work with and support a team, you will be especially valued.
- Utilize your survival training There is a distinct element of risk in every dive. Your survival training as a military veteran will be put to good use, and be appreciated by your fellow divers.
- Demonstrate your commitment to getting the job done You know how to overcome obstacles and see a project through to completion. That dedication is treated like gold in the commercial diving world!
Best of all, you are just five months away from all of these benefits! Isn’t it time you took command and control of your career?
Assistance for ex-military and veteran careers
Divers Academy International is a military-friendly and VA-approved school, ready to help you enter your new military civilian job with:
- GI Bill Funding. You can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), or vocational rehabilitation benefits at Divers Academy International to cover up to 95% of your tuition.
- Federal Loans. Federal student loans and Pell grants may be available to cover the remaining portion of your tuition costs.
- Store Discounts. All Post-9/11 GI Bill veterans will receive a 5% discount on dive gear at our student store.
- Student Housing. We will be glad to assist you in making living arrangements.
- Career Placement. Our staff is ready to assist you in meeting your career goals and in securing your first military civilian job.