Why Choose Divers Academy?
The Most Prestigious Commercial Diving School
For over four decades, Divers Academy International™ has served as one of the nation’s leading commercial diving schools, providing an excellent education in inland and offshore dive disciplines, including underwater welder training, non-destructive testing (NDT), ROVs, and more. We are accredited at the national level by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) as well as various industry technical and diving organizations.
Discover the DAI Difference!
As you chart the next phase of your career, choose the commercial diving and underwater welding school that will give you every advantage: Divers Academy International™.
We know how valuable your time is. As a DAI student, you will gain the knowledge and experience necessary to begin an exciting new career in commercial diving or underwater welding, all in just five short months. Our full-immersion training methodology and modern training facilities will provide you with an employer’s most sought-after qualification: on-the-job experience.
We’ll help you get a firm start in your commercial diving or underwater welding career with the personal attention of a career placement assistance specialist. We maintain relationships with over 100 companies worldwide who want to hire our graduates when they have open positions.
The Divers Academy Advantage
At Divers Academy International™, we provide students with everything they need from their first dive to their first career.
As a DAI student, the benefits you will receive include:
Comprehensive Commercial Diving and Underwater Welding Education
As a leading commercial diver school with over 40 years of proven excellence and established industry trade relationships, we teach both inland and offshore dive disciplines. You will be fully prepared for any commercial diving or underwater welding job you wish to pursue upon graduation. Take a look through our courses and curriculum.
Single Tuition Cost
Whereas other commercial diving and underwater welding schools charge separately for each course and then require additional fees for certifications, Divers Academy International™ gives you everything you need in one package, at one affordable cost.
Learn on an Accelerated Schedule
Time is a valued commodity. Our commercial diving and underwater welding program is designed to provide the highest quality training in the shortest amount of time. In just five months, you will graduate and have the opportunity to enter a commercial diving career.
Enjoy a Custom-Designed Facility
No broken-down piers here! You will learn in a modern facility that has been custom-designed as a commercial diver school. Everything is on-site: training, instruction, testing, and diving.
Train With Modern Equipment
It’s pointless to learn on old or outdated equipment. At Divers Academy International™, we use only the latest commercial diving and underwater welding equipment, including ROVs and the Lincoln VRTEX 360.
Dive in a Real-World Environment
Training tanks, shallow ponds, and murky swamps will never give you the true sense of a real dive. Our 32-acre, 60-foot-deep open water dive quarry develops your hands-on abilities and confidence in a safe, real-world environment.
Learn From Commercial Diving and Underwater Welding Experts
All instruction at our commercial diver school is done by professionals, including military divers, commercial divers, and successful alumni.
Get a Head Start in Your Career
The Divers Academy program offers more specific training, extra experience, and further certification to broaden your opportunities for both inshore and offshore careers. You will receive all the certifications necessary to begin working in the field immediately.
Accreditations & Affiliations
Divers Academy International™ is accredited by the nationally-recognized Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). National accreditation is the most authoritative and reliable index of a school’s integrity and of the quality of education that it provides. To receive national accreditation, the school must demonstrate longevity, professional educational compliance standards, and financial stability. Due to Divers Academy’s national accreditation, we are able to provide students with access to federal financial assistance programs, such as Pell Grants and Direct Student Loans if they qualify. Divers Academy is also accredited and affiliated with leading technical and diving organizations including:
- Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE)
- New Jersey Department Labor – Division of Workforce Development
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- The State Approval Agency for the training of Veterans (NJ)
- Memberships and Affiliations
- ANSI/ACDE 2015-01 Commercial Divers Training Standards
- Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI)
- Canadian Association of Diving Contractors (CADC)
- Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC)
- International Diving School Association (IDSA)
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society for Materials (ASM)
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
- Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU)
- Private Career Schools of New Jersey (PCSANJ)
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI)
- Divers Academy Professional Commercial Diver Technology 900 clock hour Diploma
- DCBC CSA standard Z275.4 commercial diver – unrestricted (if qualified)
- ANSI/ACDE 01-2015 Commercial Diver Certification
- NDT-Mag Particle, Liquid Penetrant Level I Certification
- KMDSI Hat Inspector Certification
- HAZWOPER 40 hour Hazardous Site Worker Training
- American Petroleum Institute RP2D Rigger Qualification
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Cards
- Oxygen Provider and Neurological Certificate
- ACDI Commercial Dive Tender Card
*Students who complete all DCBC CSA standards may apply for DCBC CSA standard Z275.4 commercial diver – unrestricted.